When I was doing the CV boot I couldn't get the axle to pull out of the CV joint no matter how I spread open the clip so I had to remove the tripod joint and take the boot off that way. One other thing I had difficulty with was the clamp for the boot on the axle. The clamp would just slide up as I tightened it and I tried a couple of different clamps. The boot is angled at that end for some reason so I'll have to tackle that another time. For now it is pretty secure. The joint still had a lot of grease and looked ok from what I could see so I just added a tube and put it all back together. The driver side will be done next weekend as I'm too tired and sore from this work today. I'm not a spring chicken anymore as they say.
Posts in this Thread:
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right. Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY. Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages. This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.