They can re-use the moudlings if they are in good shape after removal. I don't know anything about after-market vs oem. FWIW, I got mine replaced for $185 last year, after getting quoted $600-750 from three other places. Prices do vary wildly for some reason. I was a little scared while at the $185 place, but in the end they did a great job, glass looks oem, and has remained perfect after a year and 25000km of mostly highway driving.
posted by 24.246.55...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- cost of windshield replacement, DanaH, Sun, 12 Aug 2012 13:58:43
- Re: Precision is $270..., DanaH, Mon, 13 Aug 2012 11:17:31
- Re: cost of windshield replacement, Mike A., Mon, 13 Aug 2012 09:54:17
- Shop around., Noel , Sun, 12 Aug 2012 14:23:09
- JN Phillips - Are you in MA?, turrbo , Sun, 12 Aug 2012 14:20:29
- Safelite..., Noel , Sun, 12 Aug 2012 14:25:36
- Oem like?, dref, Sun, 12 Aug 2012 14:49:29
- Yep., Noel , Mon, 13 Aug 2012 06:45:34
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!