Re: slow starting, battery recommendations - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
The battery you have is probably a normal lead-acid battery, and four years seems to be a reasonable life expectancy in a SAAB 9000 with a turbo - it gets hot under the hood on these cars, particularly if you do a lot of stop-and-go driving.
For your next battery, you might want to spend more and get an Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) battery, which are more resistant to heat and vibration - but they are more expensive.
posted by 108.71.132...
Posts in this Thread:
- slow starting, battery recommendations, TML , Thu, 2 Feb 2017 05:39:36
- Re: slow starting, battery recommendations, DanaH, Fri, 10 Feb 2017 02:03:02
- Re: slow starting, battery recommendations, DickT , Fri, 3 Feb 2017 15:07:41
- Re: slow starting, battery recommendations, TML , Fri, 3 Feb 2017 10:32:34
- Re: Sears Advanced Gold AGM. nm, Simon S, Fri, 3 Feb 2017 09:36:01
- Re: slow starting, battery recommendations, Bill Homer, Thu, 2 Feb 2017 12:42:25 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!