Re: slow starting, battery recommendations - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
"The leading advantages of AGM are a charge that is up to five times faster than the flooded version, and the ability to deep cycle. AGM offers a depth-of-discharge of 80 percent; the flooded, on the other hand, is specified at 50 percent DoD to attain the same cycle life. The negatives are slightly lower specific energy and higher manufacturing costs than the flooded. "
AGM batteries are not "marine batteries", which are designed for deep cycling. Going to 100% discharged probably ruined your battery.
posted by 108.71.132...
Posts in this Thread:
- slow starting, battery recommendations, TML , Thu, 2 Feb 2017 05:39:36
- Re: slow starting, battery recommendations, DanaH, Fri, 10 Feb 2017 02:03:02
- Re: slow starting, battery recommendations, DickT , Fri, 3 Feb 2017 15:07:41
- Re: slow starting, battery recommendations, TML , Fri, 3 Feb 2017 10:32:34
- Re: Sears Advanced Gold AGM. nm, Simon S, Fri, 3 Feb 2017 09:36:01
- Re: slow starting, battery recommendations, Bill Homer, Thu, 2 Feb 2017 12:42:25
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!