Re: Head gasket time approaches.... - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
How rusty is the body? That is what usually spells death for these cars, i.e. rear shock upper attachment points. If the body is still OK, I would fix the engine and keep it (with all the goodies) vs. replacing the car.
I would take a look around to see if someone has a good, lower-mileage used engine - it seems that several of us on this board have one sitting in their shed or garage.
I also have a Volvo 740T with only 106K miles that my daughter drives. I have maintained the car to a very high level, but last week the A/C evaporator died - removing the engine is an easier job than replacing the evaporator, so it probably isn't getting fixed.
posted by 207.229.147...
Posts in this Thread:
- Head gasket time approaches...., Noel , Sat, 26 May 2018 11:31:49
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., skibumm100, Thu, 31 May 2018 05:27:00
- One more suggestion, cgwiz , Wed, 30 May 2018 08:34:52
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., KevinC, Tue, 29 May 2018 23:20:31
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., Craig, Tue, 29 May 2018 15:19:51
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., Bill Homer, Tue, 29 May 2018 14:22:42 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., cgwiz , Tue, 29 May 2018 10:48:38
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., MT-Erik , Mon, 28 May 2018 18:30:06
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!