Re: Head gasket time approaches.... - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Get a Saab friend to help you with this job.
Just changing a 9000 head gasket and putting it back again with moderate selection of tools two of us did it in an afternoon. Would go much faster with power tools. Only real obstacle is the exhaust manifold bolts, either try to remove them with the engine still warm, or you can remove the turbo mounting bolts below the exhaust manifold and just leave it on. If there are two of you can also leave the intake manifold on as well, disconnecting easier to access parts as the lower intake bolts are hard without good tools.
posted by 82.10.1...
Posts in this Thread:
- Head gasket time approaches...., Noel , Sat, 26 May 2018 11:31:49
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., skibumm100, Thu, 31 May 2018 05:27:00
- One more suggestion, cgwiz , Wed, 30 May 2018 08:34:52
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., KevinC, Tue, 29 May 2018 23:20:31 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., Craig, Tue, 29 May 2018 15:19:51
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., Bill Homer, Tue, 29 May 2018 14:22:42
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., cgwiz , Tue, 29 May 2018 10:48:38
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., MT-Erik , Mon, 28 May 2018 18:30:06
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!