NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|9000 Bulletin Board|
As myself and a couple others have noted, a HG really isn't that big a deal - it's the "other" stuff that gets you. My suggestion - give it a shot! HG only - unless there is obvious pitting or warping, don't bother with re-surfacing. These heads are pretty robust. As rust is the bigger issue, don't bother with new valve seals, timing chain, etc. Get a head gasket kit, spring for new exhaust studs, and re-use everything else as is. If nothing else, it will be a good learning experience. The second one I did was in my driveway in February (in Michigan). Take your time removing and LABELING pieces - it will pay off on re-assembly.
'04 9-5 Arc
'98 9000 CSE
'97 9000 CSE
'93 900 S 3 door
Posts in this Thread:
- Head gasket time approaches...., Noel , Sat, 26 May 2018 11:31:49
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., skibumm100, Thu, 31 May 2018 05:27:00
- One more suggestion, cgwiz , Wed, 30 May 2018 08:34:52 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., KevinC, Tue, 29 May 2018 23:20:31
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., Craig, Tue, 29 May 2018 15:19:51
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., Bill Homer, Tue, 29 May 2018 14:22:42
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., cgwiz , Tue, 29 May 2018 10:48:38
- Re: Head gasket time approaches...., MT-Erik , Mon, 28 May 2018 18:30:06
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.