Re: Rear shock swap fail - LONG - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
What I ended up doing on one side was to remove the brakes, wheel hub, and brake shield (if I am remembering correctly), and then I had access to hammer out the bolt from the outside in. Worked great, just involved some disassembly. Use the standard practice of leaving the nut on, loosened so it is flush with the end of the bolt, so when you hammer it you don't flatten out the bolt end. I have a 4 lb. hammer and a brass punch. Been awhile since I did it but it sure beats trying to drill or cutout that monster. Spray it with PB Blaster and beat the hell out of it.
posted by 130.76.18...
Posts in this Thread:
- Rear shock swap fail - LONG, skibumm100, Mon, 18 Jun 2018 05:18:59
- Re: Rear shock swap fail - LONG, DickT , Thu, 28 Jun 2018 14:03:32
- Managed to dodge this job..., Noel , Sun, 24 Jun 2018 09:06:02
- Re: Rear shock swap fail - LONG, JimO, Tue, 19 Jun 2018 06:33:08 <-- Viewing This Message
- Yeah, been there...., andym, Mon, 18 Jun 2018 11:01:30
- Sawzall, Montana Tom , Mon, 18 Jun 2018 17:49:02
- Drill, baby, drill!, Bill Homer, Mon, 18 Jun 2018 06:56:15
- Re: Rear shock swap fail - LONG, JerseySaab , Mon, 18 Jun 2018 06:37:01
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!