Re: Rear shock swap fail - LONG - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
I've been spraying the sway bar mounting bolts with PB Blaster for a couple more days and hitting them with the 3/8" impact to try to loosen the internal rust. One of the small bolts still won't budge but the other came loose. This weekend I'll go at with the MAP gas torch and the 1/2" impact and hopefully it will come loose. I have the new 12MM bolts in a couple different lengths so I'm prepared to cut off whatever stands in my way. I would prefer to get a cutting wheel in there instead of a sawzall since it's usually faster. I'll post back with results.
posted by 165.225.34...
Posts in this Thread:
- Rear shock swap fail - LONG, skibumm100, Mon, 18 Jun 2018 05:18:59
- Re: Rear shock swap fail - LONG, DickT , Thu, 28 Jun 2018 14:03:32
- Managed to dodge this job..., Noel , Sun, 24 Jun 2018 09:06:02
- Re: Rear shock swap fail - LONG, JimO, Tue, 19 Jun 2018 06:33:08
- Yeah, been there...., andym, Mon, 18 Jun 2018 11:01:30
- Sawzall, Montana Tom , Mon, 18 Jun 2018 17:49:02
- Drill, baby, drill!, Bill Homer, Mon, 18 Jun 2018 06:56:15
- Re: Rear shock swap fail - LONG, JerseySaab , Mon, 18 Jun 2018 06:37:01
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!