Re: Rear shock swap fail - LONG - Saab 9000 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Not sure where you are at this point but I've done this miserable job 2 or 3 times in the past. I cut out the old thru bolts with long sawzall blades. Getting the new bushings in the sway bar can be a real challenge. I used dish soap, soda bottle plastic and a jury rigged puller.
You might consider pulling the whole rear axle assembly to work on it. It's not that hard. Then you could drop the gas tank and easily do everything back there that needs doing, brake and gas lines, tank straps etc. I did all that 2 years ago figuring I'd be good for several years but today got condemned on annual inspection for rust in the frame to bumper mount. Not fixable by VT guidelines.
Posts in this Thread:
- Rear shock swap fail - LONG, skibumm100, Mon, 18 Jun 2018 05:18:59
- Re: Rear shock swap fail - LONG, DickT , Thu, 28 Jun 2018 14:03:32 <-- Viewing This Message
- Managed to dodge this job..., Noel , Sun, 24 Jun 2018 09:06:02
- Re: Rear shock swap fail - LONG, JimO, Tue, 19 Jun 2018 06:33:08
- Yeah, been there...., andym, Mon, 18 Jun 2018 11:01:30
- Sawzall, Montana Tom , Mon, 18 Jun 2018 17:49:02
- Drill, baby, drill!, Bill Homer, Mon, 18 Jun 2018 06:56:15
- Re: Rear shock swap fail - LONG, JerseySaab , Mon, 18 Jun 2018 06:37:01
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!