Re: thoughts on letting go? - Saab 9000 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main 9000 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: thoughts on letting go?
Posted by Bill Homer [Email] (more from Bill Homer) on Sat, 27 Apr 2019 10:51:58
In Reply to: thoughts on letting go?, Matt, Fri, 26 Apr 2019 14:26:48
I can't figure out how much rust is on your car (i.e. undercarriage - surface rust???), but that would make a huge difference in my decision - also the number of miles on the car. If the rear upper shock mounts are rusty, that is almost terminal (I had them repaired on a previous 9000).
Like JerseySaab, I do most of my own work, which makes the financial equation different from someone who doesn't. I recently had a new clutch put into my car (I have my limits) suing parts that I bought, which followed my recent installation of both mufflers, a fuel pump, and a crank position sensor. But my 1994 Aero 5-speed is still very nice, and drives even nicer with the new clutch, linkage coupler and other related parts; there really isn't anything I would want more except a little less road/wind noise.
Do you do any of your own work? The parts that you are talking about are fairly inexpensive, especially compared to buying a newer car. I don't know what your budget is, but perhaps you can do the repairs in stages that make sense, and eliminate the ones that aren't totally necessary, i.e. "was told it needs new shocks" by who, someone who sells shocks and based on what?
posted by 207.229.14...
Posts in this Thread:
- thoughts on letting go?, Matt, Fri, 26 Apr 2019 14:26:48
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, Matt, Tue, 14 May 2019 11:25:37
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, Rociero , Tue, 7 May 2019 03:41:54
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, Matthew Hutchinson, Sun, 5 May 2019 13:25:50
- And so?, vtsnaab , Tue, 14 May 2019 16:00:44
- Re: And so?, Matt, Thu, 16 May 2019 20:15:55
- Re: And so?, Matt, Thu, 16 May 2019 20:11:09
- Re: And so?, Matt, Thu, 16 May 2019 19:43:21
- Re: And so?, Name Left Blank, Wed, 15 May 2019 12:22:23
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, cgwiz , Mon, 6 May 2019 06:14:06
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, andtheHawks , Sat, 27 Apr 2019 16:24:07
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, Bill Homer, Sat, 27 Apr 2019 10:51:58 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, JerseySaab , Fri, 26 Apr 2019 17:20:23
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!