Re: thoughts on letting go? - Saab 9000 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
To start, I will say that i just made the sane (?) decision to daily drive a 1996 9000 Aero with 220K... I gave away a mint 9-3 combi for a song as my previous daily driver, looking for a little more back seat room for my baby's car seat....
So I vote stick with it! Or test a 9-5....
Just as a small example about comparable cars vs. 9000: I drove a brand new volvo V90 (beautiful car with amazing seats) out to pick up my Aero.... the Aero seats were comparable, but the Aero drive left the volvo in the dust, believe it or not.... 25 years difference.
To be fair the aero feels like its 25 years old if not older in comparison..(i admit to missing much about my 9-3!)..in so many ways, but the drive is just delightful.
The repairs you mention likely wont be as expensive as it may seem, unless real structural rust is an issue. Ive done brakes and tank straps on mine and complete cooling overhaul (heater core etc). in these first 6 weeks I dont have a ton of time with baby, nor a proper place to work on car but have found it a delight to work on and in many ways much much easier to wrench on than the 93!!
test drive a 9-5 (though hard to find in manual). It was what I was intending to get, (theyre very good) but here I am. To be fair the closest feeling of the Saab highway pull is another Saab. a 9-3 or 9-5 is first place i would start for a replacement...besides the value on them is incredible.
I have yet to see another 9000 in the six weeks of ownership.... keep it running!
best of luck no matter what!
Posts in this Thread:
- thoughts on letting go?, Matt, Fri, 26 Apr 2019 14:26:48
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, Matt, Tue, 14 May 2019 11:25:37
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, Rociero , Tue, 7 May 2019 03:41:54
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, Matthew Hutchinson, Sun, 5 May 2019 13:25:50
- And so?, vtsnaab , Tue, 14 May 2019 16:00:44
- Re: And so?, Matt, Thu, 16 May 2019 20:15:55
- Re: And so?, Matt, Thu, 16 May 2019 20:11:09
- Re: And so?, Matt, Thu, 16 May 2019 19:43:21
- Re: And so?, Name Left Blank, Wed, 15 May 2019 12:22:23
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, cgwiz , Mon, 6 May 2019 06:14:06
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, andtheHawks , Sat, 27 Apr 2019 16:24:07 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, Bill Homer, Sat, 27 Apr 2019 10:51:58
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, JerseySaab , Fri, 26 Apr 2019 17:20:23
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!