Re: thoughts on letting go? - Saab 9000 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main 9000 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: thoughts on letting go?
Posted by skibumm100 [Email] (more from skibumm100) on Wed, 8 May 2019 12:23:48
In Reply to: Re: thoughts on letting go?, JerseySaab [Profile/Gallery]
, Fri, 26 Apr 2019 17:20:23
I'm in a similar situation> I own (3) 9000's right now. My 96 Aero 5-spd with 199K and change, my wife's 97 CSE Auto and a 97 CSE Auto my son drives. All of them at or over 200K. All daily driven. With the recent $1800 repairs to my son's $800-ish value car, I'm just about ready to thin the herd. Sourcing quality parts for a fair price with a short delivery is getting tough. All of them have significant rust and are one deer strike away from the wrecker. I have been considering Subaru's or possibly a Toyota for my wife. She doesn't really notice a lot of the telltale signs when something starts to go wrong. It's a old 9000, there's always something starting to go wrong. I got in it last week and the left front CV was making an awful racket backing up into the turn-around. When I asked her how long it had been making that noise, she said "what noise?".
posted by 165.225.34...
Posts in this Thread:
- thoughts on letting go?, Matt, Fri, 26 Apr 2019 14:26:48
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, Matt, Tue, 14 May 2019 11:25:37
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, Rociero , Tue, 7 May 2019 03:41:54
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, Matthew Hutchinson, Sun, 5 May 2019 13:25:50
- And so?, vtsnaab , Tue, 14 May 2019 16:00:44
- Re: And so?, Matt, Thu, 16 May 2019 20:15:55
- Re: And so?, Matt, Thu, 16 May 2019 20:11:09
- Re: And so?, Matt, Thu, 16 May 2019 19:43:21
- Re: And so?, Name Left Blank, Wed, 15 May 2019 12:22:23
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, cgwiz , Mon, 6 May 2019 06:14:06
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, andtheHawks , Sat, 27 Apr 2019 16:24:07
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, Bill Homer, Sat, 27 Apr 2019 10:51:58
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, JerseySaab , Fri, 26 Apr 2019 17:20:23
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!