NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|Vintage Models Bulletin Board|
David.... I'm the SaabDude from the original post... (i've also included a similar thread)
so if i read this correctly, you have a '68 96V4, yes? the fuel tank is a DEEP tank, approx 10.5 US Gal (approx 40 liters)
Go to Napa. Get sender#: 501-1742. instructions are in the kit. the kit comes with a new gauge... or if using your installed original SAAB gauge, if memory serves, the "modification" needed is flipping the sending unit up-side down.. as the resistance range is nearly opposite for Empty-full...
From the factory manuals: **ORIGINAL PART NUMBERS**
Saab 95 up to chassis No. 57.023 ------> Veglia 67-8011
Saab 95 as from chassis No. 57.024, up to and incl. model 1975 ------> VDO 38/20
Saab 96 up to chassis No. 475.599 -----> VDO 20.228
Saab 96 as from chassis No. 475.600 and as from model 1976 also Saab 95 ------> VDO 38/228
Posts in this Thread:
- Fuel sender replacement, 1968 96 V4, David, Thu, 6 Jul 2017 13:12:20
- Re: Fuel sender replacement, 1968 96 V4, SaabDude , Thu, 31 Aug 2017 23:37:31
- Re: Fuel sender replacement, 1968 96 V4, SaabDude , Thu, 31 Aug 2017 23:30:55
- Re: Fuel sender replacement, 1968 96 V4, SaabDude , Thu, 31 Aug 2017 22:56:11
- Re: Fuel sender replacement, 1968 96 V4, SaabDude , Thu, 31 Aug 2017 22:46:41
- Re: Fuel sender replacement, 1968 96 V4, SaabDude , Thu, 31 Aug 2017 22:43:53 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Fuel sender replacement, 1968 96 V4, Nick Taliaferro , Mon, 31 Jul 2017 05:46:28
- Re: Fuel sender replacement, 1968 96 V4, Donald Levesque, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 10:19:43
- Re: Plastic fender bead on yellow '65 95, Donald Levesque, Sun, 9 Jul 2017 06:33:27
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.