NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|Vintage Models Bulletin Board|
Thanks Eric and Jimmy...that's a great check list, Eric. That's what I was trying in my dull way, to come up with from Jack Ashcraft's book. I'll get out there and start stepping through the process. It was just so weird because it cropped up from nowhere. I had used the car earlier that day, and it ran brilliantly. Parked it, and then nada. I did think of the battery as I've had my el-cheapo a little too long. I took it out and put on a slow charger overnight. That did nothing and then trying to jump it from my 9-5, the same. I forgot about the starter/hammer "nexus," though.
This 96 has been blessed somehow. It was rough when I got it, but it's been running so well for so long now that I've been conscious lately that I was due for some problem work. Well, working on it is a form of fun...driving it is a better fun. Thanks again!
2009 9-5 Aero sedan
2007 9-5 SportCombi
1969 96; 1973 Sonett; 1973 96; 1978 99L; 1986 900 8V;
1990 900 16V; 1998 900 SE; 2003 9-3 Aero;
2000 9-5(donated to needy friend, still going)
Posts in this Thread:
- Staring problem, '71 96, serge , Fri, 22 Sep 2017 10:17:29
- check for power at ignition switch..., jimmy, Sat, 23 Sep 2017 12:15:35
- Re: Staring as in "starting " problem, '71 96, serge , Fri, 22 Sep 2017 11:51:27
- Re: Staring as in "starting " problem, '71 96, eric in vermont , Sun, 24 Sep 2017 06:14:20
- Re: Staring as in "starting " problem, '71 96 FIXED, serge , Mon, 2 Oct 2017 13:49:17
- Re: Staring as in "starting " problem, '71 96 - FOLLOW-UP, serge , Sat, 30 Sep 2017 11:36:36
- Re: Staring as in "starting " problem, '71 96, serge , Sun, 24 Sep 2017 09:54:18 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.