Re: Replace front wheel bearing, 1967 Saab 96 V4 - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Here are the wheel bearings: Ntn 3306C3 Ball Bearing Double Row Ball Bearing
1. loosen castle nut on end of axel.
2. Remove Axel assembly from car.
3 remove , disc and backing plate
4. Remove inner bearing dust shield , has two slots on it. Use flat blade driver to remove. Counter clock wise.
5. put axel into press, press out axel.
6. flip hub over, then press out bearing, may need some heat/ cold to come out.
7. once out clean hub and home of wheel bearing with degreaser, and get all diry grease out.
8. Repack hub with new CV grease.
9. Grease new bearing with cv grease and then place on to of hub assembly.
10. make sure both hub and assebly are lever
11. use flat metal plate on top of bearing, so you get even pressure.
12.start to press slowly. you will hear little poping sounds thats ok,its the grease compressing and air escaping.
13. keep close I on bearing, once your beaing is at least half way and level you should be ok to continue to press.
14. once seat in bottom of the hub, then make you are able to still turn the bearing.
15, now pack more grease around the bearing, then place the inner dust shild on the hub and will sit atop of the bearing.
16. Then side you axle back in.
17. then remember to install the castle nut on end of the axel.
18. install axel in your Saab.
This great time to attend to all your front end needs, go though your brake system and do all the axel boots ( c900 cv boot fit -v4). Steering rack boots. Upper and lower control arm bushings. Shocks too.
posted by 76.88.5...
Posts in this Thread:
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!