NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|San Francisco Bay Area Saab Club Bulletin Board|
The vast majority of past club events have been tours: annual Santa Cruz Mts winery tour, run up to Mt. Hamilton and down thru San Antonio Valley, Woodside to Duarte's for lunch in Pescadero and sea lion watching, Viansa Winery for lunch and tour thru Carneros region, etc.
This TSD event serves as a change of pace and homage to SAAB's history. It is much simpler than it reads; it only sounds complicated because it has to be precise for competitive purposes. I write rallyes as I wrote midterms for pre-med students! You can easily run it just to enjoy the new roads -- timing merely adds an elective dimension. Think of an imaginary car that runs the route at exactly the speeds specified without stopping for lights or traffic, etc. Your job is to try to keep up with that imaginary pace car and to arrive at unknown checkpoints as closely as possible.
Hope that helps to dispel any reservations.
1967 96 V-4 Monte Carlo
1968 Sonett II V-4
1988 900T convertible
2006 9-3 2.0T sport-combi -- stage 1 BSR
2011 9-3X -- Stage 1 BSR
Posts in this Thread:
- BASC Time-Speed-Distance Rallye - Sat 12June2010, don_young , Tue, 20 Apr 2010 01:45:35
- Re: BASC Time-Speed-Distance Rallye - Sat 12June2010, Ed Wormuth, Sun, 13 Jun 2010 07:54:37
- Rallye Results, don_young , Sun, 13 Jun 2010 01:46:30
- START LOCATION HERE!!, Scott Paterson , Mon, 24 May 2010 15:35:04
- GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS LINK POSTED HERE!!!, Scott Paterson , Mon, 24 May 2010 15:33:59
- Re: BASC Time-Speed-Distance Rallye - Sat 12June2010, Bryan Johnson, Tue, 18 May 2010 09:37:01
- Re: BASC Time-Speed-Distance Rallye - Sat 12June2010, Lawrence, Sun, 16 May 2010 14:57:30
- What about emailing this out to the BASC mailing list?, Scott Paterson , Fri, 30 Apr 2010 19:27:06
- I am totally going to be there! NEED NAVIGATOR, Scott Paterson , Fri, 30 Apr 2010 19:25:52
- Blast - Out of town Sat 12June2010 - when next?, Paul'sAero, Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:36:39
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.