It seems weird that the 5 and 7 series seemed smaller to you than the 900 since they are indeed bigger. the 3 series is comparable though. I've ranted before about BMW's before as I could not figure out why all the fuss. Don't get me wrong, they are nice cars and they handle extremely well, but their engines offer a lot of yawn for the money. I recently test drove a 330I and found it to be very gutless, nothing like my Vig.
The BMW interior isn't nearly as ergonomic nor intuitive. And since we are on the subject I'll make this point as well. BMW's are always talking about how they have 50/50 balance and how the RWD set up is better around race tracks. But I was watching speed channel the other night and the SCCA races were on and guess what, the front wheel drive Accura's and Mazda's were in front of the BMW's and the Lexus I-30's (with 2 less cylinders I might add) If RWD was that much of advantage it would have shown up on that course-but it didn't.
On BMW's side, I have to admit though, it has a better chasis and brakes, but that may all change come October. My 2 cents.
posted by 67.234.217...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Saab vs BMW's......, Golden900, Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:55:25
- Re: Saab vs BMW's......, JimS, Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:44:27
- I understand, but still love Saabs....., Mike Lynch , Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:58:28
- Re: Saab vs BMW's......, NAT, Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:18:20
- You don't like that footrest?, Ed G, Thu, 29 Aug 2002 07:29:29
- Re: Saab vs BMW's......, David, Thu, 29 Aug 2002 06:58:02
- Re: Saab vs BMW's......, ttcinpc, Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:20:16
- Re: Saab vs BMW's..pricing, ttcinpc, Fri, 30 Aug 2002 00:08:24
- Re: Saab vs BMW's......, Gary, Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:24:11
- Absurd..., Sieglo, Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:02:21
- Re: Saab vs BMW's......, steven, Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:23:51
- Re: Saab vs BMW's......, Winder, Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:21:06
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!