I did a google search, and think I've got the basic steps, although if anyone can post a Saab specific tutorial with pictures from Alldata or Haynes that would be great.
Any special words of caution for 1999 9-3? I know that the Express Lube that has been doing it for me has changed my Saab OEM drain plug to a different one that their wrenches can fit more easily. I was subsequently told by a Saab mechanic that the one installed on my car could crack my oil pan. So, besides getting a Saab replacement, is there anything special I should know? I am pretty certain it will be easy, and after I've done it the first time I'll laugh at my current trepidation, but I don't want to save $26 and blow out my engine making some stupid mistake.
posted by 63.102.1...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Novice wants to learn to change own oil, Rookie, Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:14:18
- Re: Novice wants to learn to change own oil, hector, Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:43:28
- Re: Novice wants to learn to change own oil, Dean, Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:40:32
- Re: Novice wants to learn to change own oil, VictorVector, Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:11:18
- Buy some "Rhino ramps"...., Todd N, Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:05:13
- don't over-tighten the drain plug, JimBlake , Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:53:10
- Another good reason why quick lubes suck!, Jeff in ATL, Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:29:55
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!