that it happens suddenly and without any warning. I can tolerate most failures as long as I'm not stranded or in need of a tow. Most of the breakdowns with my 2000 9-3 have done this to me... sudden failure, a long way from home, with no choice but to be towed.
I hear what you're saying Ted, how is this different from a tranny or a fuel pump failure? To me the difference is, YES any part CAN fail, but it appears to be a well established FACT that the DIC WILL fail. That was the reason for my question. Will every DIC fail? If the answer is "YES", then this is a problem.
Also, someone else had mentioned that they were having the same symptoms as me (CEL on, sudden loss of power, no cruise control) and it ended up being the DIC. But, I too am of the school of thought that the DIC is either GOOD or BAD. No in between. Anyone know otherwise?
Thanks all for your comments on a frustrating problem. It's a hard to fully enjoy driving this wonderful sports car when you're holding your breath hoping something isn't going to break at an inopportune or DANGEROUS time!
posted by 165.247.209...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Has anyone NOT had a DIC failure?, Dan S., Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:13:31
- Not yet, 2000 9-3 SE, 44k miles. ( - ), Saabing in KS, Tue, 2 Dec 2003 08:04:25
- Not yet. 1999 9-3 SE at 85,000 miles n/m, Todd , Mon, 1 Dec 2003 10:25:22
- Not me. Two Saabs. 83K and 22K mi., Schu, Mon, 1 Dec 2003 08:51:34
- Re: Has anyone NOT had a DIC failure?, kaslop, Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:08:20
- Lasted 105k on my 1994 900 SE w/T5, bill h., Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:18:51
- Mine crapped out at 49k - 2000 SE, bill h., Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:13:58
- 48k, 98 900SE on original. n/m, john burnett, Fri, 28 Nov 2003 07:59:41
- 106K and knocking on wood..., beck, Fri, 28 Nov 2003 07:46:38
- Re: I'm superstituous - but so far for me, NO at 116K.., elliott, Fri, 28 Nov 2003 07:35:28
- Re: Has anyone NOT had a DIC failure?, Paul , Thu, 27 Nov 2003 21:57:44
- I must be lucky, 99 93 conv. and no problems at all>>>, Jack, Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:23:15
- I haven't - yet..., JimBlake , Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:55:15
- Re: Has anyone NOT had a DIC failure?, Ed, Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:09:56
- Only once but I was drunk! n/m, Steve88SiS, Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:36:07
- If your DI blew, you would be able to restart., FrozenSaab, Thu, 27 Nov 2003 06:48:38
- Re: Has anyone NOT had a DIC failure?, Ted M. (Seattle), Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:50:28
- Re: Has anyone NOT had a DIC failure?, Tim from vermont, Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:47:55
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!