In the picture below you will see what is the hardest part of the removal of the water pump. The bolt below can not be taken off with socket, crows foot or open ended wrench. The way that I got it off was grinding down an open ended wrench to fit into the space and then used an allen wrench to turn it fitting it into the drain holes. When installing you may also want to put a piece of paper under the bolt to catch the copper washer incase if falls out. The bolt in the picture is also still threaded and hitting the ac line. The ac line does get scratched up during removal and installation.
Dean-never could find your instructions.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Hard to remove water pump bolt, ckpaden, Wed, 23 Aug 2006 08:19:51
- Re: Hard to remove water pump bolt-SOLUTION, xactoman, Thu, 11 Jan 2007 05:53:13
- Re: Hard to remove water pump bolt, Kenw51, Thu, 24 Aug 2006 00:26:45
- CK - what year and what does that pipe connect to ?, dudewithasaab, Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:03:24
- Re: Hard to remove water pump bolt, cmonson, Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:17:14
- Re: Hard to remove water pump bolt, Dean, Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:36:45
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!