1. If I replace the rear main seal I plan on replacing the axle seals in the transmission. Should I replace the torque converter seal ($38) or don't touch it or remove the torque converter during the job. It is not leaking currently but is 13 years old?
2. Can you reuse the flywheel bolts and should you put blue locktite on them if you do?
3. Any problem in reusing the 6 converter to flywheel bolts?
4. I plan on also replacing the rear engine mount and check the transmission mount while I am in there. Is their any other items you would replace?
5. When driving in this type of seal do you put any sealant or lubricant on the seals outer edge to aid in installation? I have thought about a light smearing of Hylomar to lube and seal installation which is a non hardening flange sealant but I don't want something in there that will help it work its way out.
Thank you very much for your help for all responders.
Posts in this Thread:
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right. Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY. Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages. This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.