interesting... yeah, I knew 1999 (and 1998) were kind of transition years... my impression from others on this bb was that HOT used the TD04 turbo (as opposed to the Garret) but would not surprise me if that changed from 1999 to 2000 (and sounds like a non-issue in the 9-3 anyway)... when I asked about it, it was wrt a 2001 I was going to look at (which turned out to not even be an SE at all! just an "over-advertised" over-priced base model, cloth seats and all!)...
my impression from this bb was that the ACC on these was fairly reliable + that the manual system tended to break more... sounds unintuitive, but that was one of the things I noted before looking... in all fairness, I didn't run into any broken manual setups... I generally like the simplicity of manual controls! maybe in reality it's 6 of one half a dozen of the other...
in both cases, my impression should not be taken as an absolute truth - just what I picked up from searching this bb before going to look at potential cars to buy!
posted by 216.59.248...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Advice on purchasing 1999 9-3 S, Justin, Wed, 13 Apr 2011 19:27:54
- Re: Advice on purchasing 1999 9-3 S, juanm , Sat, 16 Apr 2011 11:21:49
- Got service history?, Noel , Thu, 14 Apr 2011 05:58:05
- I agree..., James, Thu, 14 Apr 2011 07:36:31
- Re: I agree..., Tim, Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:45:44
- transition years..., James, Thu, 14 Apr 2011 20:05:04
- I don't like ACC in used car, Tim, Thu, 14 Apr 2011 20:23:42
- Re: I don't like ACC in used car, Rizzlius, Sat, 16 Apr 2011 17:40:42
- Re: I don't like ACC in used car, ryan, Fri, 15 Apr 2011 06:41:41
- how?, James, Sat, 16 Apr 2011 08:07:23
- Re: how?, ryan, Wed, 20 Apr 2011 06:44:51
- Re: how?, Tim, Sat, 16 Apr 2011 12:43:21
- good point!, James, Fri, 15 Apr 2011 03:29:52
- Re: I agree..., CraigSu, Thu, 14 Apr 2011 09:26:31
- Re: I agree..., Philip Schall, Thu, 14 Apr 2011 08:27:35
- Re: Advice on purchasing 1999 9-3 S, BS, Thu, 14 Apr 2011 03:53:51
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!