I've run numerous Used Oil Analysis on both the C900 & 9-3 using the K&N, & the 'dirt' readings have always been extremely low (at least as low as owners running paper filters on the same cars).
Of course, the air filter is only one of two dirt barriers, the other being your oil fliter. There I found that the standard Purolator oil filter did just as well as the expensive Purolator Pure One oil filter.
posted by 72.16.135...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- K & N or paper?, Alexandros, Sun, 5 Aug 2012 13:35:27
- Re: K & N or paper?, Alexandros, Tue, 7 Aug 2012 18:55:21
- K & N or paper?, RBatsch, Tue, 7 Aug 2012 15:51:33
- Re: K & N or paper?, AlaskanViggen, Tue, 7 Aug 2012 14:58:52
- Have always used K&N w/o problems, Eiron, Tue, 7 Aug 2012 08:42:59
- Had one...went back to paper....more, MikeinVT , Mon, 6 Aug 2012 17:39:04
- Re: K & N or paper?, Jeremy R., Sun, 5 Aug 2012 22:52:04
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!