2.5" or 3" exhaust - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Hi all. I already have the Taliaferro v2 3" downpipe on my -slightly tuned- 1999 9-3 SE. (it also has a large intercooler, and some suspension upgrades). But otherwise stock (i think) SE exhaust. So i'm thinking about taking it to the next stage, and either i would stay with Taliaferro or BSR as those are the 2 highly recommended ones here.
As a novice in this area, I'm not sure what the pros/cons are of bolting a 2.5" exhaust to that Taliaferro 3" downpipe?
Goal: about 300HP, after all, with a mean low throaty sound but not obnoxious/wake the neighbors (i'm a grown up), so subdued mean power, but not loud.
Okay saabnet, what do you think?
Tom, Portland, OR, USA
posted by 75.164.162...
Posts in this Thread:
- 2.5" or 3" exhaust, TomL, Sat, 14 Apr 2018 09:37:47 <-- Viewing This Message
- 2.5" or 3" exhaust, SwedishDynamicsInc , Fri, 27 Apr 2018 09:33:351
- Re: 2.5" or 3" exhaust, TML , Mon, 23 Apr 2018 06:33:50
- Re: 2.5, neil dale , Mon, 23 Apr 2018 19:33:28
- Re: 2.5" or 3" exhaust, Nick Taliaferro , Tue, 17 Apr 2018 06:22:39
- Re: 2.5, neil dale , Sat, 14 Apr 2018 12:54:58
- Re: 2.5, lms, Mon, 16 Apr 2018 03:33:35
- Re: 2.5" or 3" exhaust, Classic Captain , Sat, 14 Apr 2018 12:08:38
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!