I bought my 93 900S in 1998 with 37K. It had the original battery. Drove it to 2000 and 65K before it pooped out.
If your car has ACC (climate control) it will tend to eat batteries as it immediately loads a cold battery with rear defrost and/or AC at startup. Not to mention all the electronic components on newer cars. The voltage regulator/alternator should help with this to an extent, but it is still hard on the battery.
posted by 24.160.2...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Battery life - possible original battery of '96 Saab, Susan, Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:00:00
- my 97 had the original battery, nickR, Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:11:03
- Re: Battery life - possible original battery of '96 Saab, Erik D., Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:41:16
- Any way to tell when it's starting to go?, Sue, Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:31:51
- Re: Battery life - possible original battery of '96 Saab, saw, Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:08:32
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!