After seeing many Saab commercials on TV, I went and test drove a 2006 9-3 Aero with the V6 engine. I liked it, but the price was higher than my budget, so now I'm considering a pre-owned 9-3 2.0 Aero. After looking at the current Consumer Reports auto issue which shows reliability problems, I have reservations about Saab. Who knows more about Saabs than Saab owners, so I found your site on the internet. Can you help me with some answers?
1. Besides their unique look, what are Saabs known for? What do you like about Saabs?
2. Do they tend to have certain problems I should look for when considering a pre-owned Saab?
3. Are parts and service as expensive as BMW and Mercedes? Compared to Japanese cars?
4. Do they have reliability problems? I've mostly driven Japanese cars.
5. Gas is expensive. What kind of real world mileage can I expect with the 2.0T 210 hp engine assuming I drive sensibly? Does it require premium fuel?
6. Any other advice or suggestions are welcome.
Thanks for your help.
posted by 63.76.1...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Questions about Saab, Jesse, Thu, 11 May 2006 08:00:30
- Re: Questions about Saab, mikes1929, Thu, 11 May 2006 14:09:32
- Answers (or some, anyway), Noel , Thu, 11 May 2006 12:39:53
- Re: Questions about Saab, NateinAA, Thu, 11 May 2006 10:40:33
- Re: Questions about Saab, dboone, Thu, 11 May 2006 09:32:57
- Re: Questions about Saab, gatorcpa, Thu, 11 May 2006 09:24:44
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!