...I doubt he will admit that he said these things in court. I began to follow the advice of a website dedicated to fighting summonses, and I carry a voice recorder in my car. It reminds officers what they said, and given they don't always admit to stuff like this, the voice recorder then proves the officer's testimony is in err. That is enough to create a case for reasonable doubt.
In your case, I would fight it. It would be beautiful if he had his car's VCR recorder on, as you would then have him nailed on the statemements. The problem is that if you really did go through the stop sign, it is also on tape. If his car is equiped with VCR but it was not on, you have a case for dismissal.
All this means you need to go through the process of 'discovery'. You need to request in writing any notes and films and materials that the state and officer have. You need to review those items prior to going to court. It is like homework. If he states he was 100 yards away, or his vision was obscured by something, the case gets tossed. Maybe he realises that his summonse is shaky and he doesn't want you to show for that reason.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Cop tried to tell me radar detector is illegal in NY..., AlexA, Wed, 5 Jul 2006 21:18:28
- Legal in 49 States except...., Rcon, Sat, 8 Jul 2006 10:13:19
- You're gonna love this, DER, Fri, 7 Jul 2006 12:37:05
- Thanks Guys,so u dont think I'll be any worse off..., AlexA, Fri, 7 Jul 2006 11:09:31
- What I do is.., Noel , Fri, 7 Jul 2006 06:19:30
- It's not legality, its the amount of fine, DER, Thu, 6 Jul 2006 21:01:27
- Re: Cop tried to tell me radar detector is illegal in NY..., rhale, Thu, 6 Jul 2006 16:17:09
- Re: Cop tried to tell me radar detector is illegal in N, Dan, Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:10:22
- it's OK for cops to lie..., KenManiac , Thu, 6 Jul 2006 11:18:17
- Re: Cop tried to tell me radar detector is illegal in NY..., DREWZ AIRFLOW SE, Thu, 6 Jul 2006 10:15:52
- Wrong answer, ChuckD , Thu, 6 Jul 2006 13:19:11
- Chuck..., MM, Thu, 6 Jul 2006 13:47:27
- Sure..., ChuckD , Thu, 6 Jul 2006 14:04:48
- others, KenManiac , Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:40:12
- Not for passenger vehicles..., turrbo , Thu, 6 Jul 2006 11:17:28
- Re: Cop tried to tell me radar detector is illegal in N, Jon in MN, Thu, 6 Jul 2006 07:24:33
- They are illegal for vehicles over 9 tons, IIRC,, Noel , Thu, 6 Jul 2006 07:15:26
- Interesting..., Chaz, Thu, 6 Jul 2006 05:15:58
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!