This feature REALLY ticks me off. If the sunroof is closed, I want the sunshade closed as well. I miss my old 900 GLE with manual sunroof, grab the handle and pull back to open, grab again and pull forwards to close. Simple and effective. New Saab has an electric sunroof, and the controll is stupidly on the roof, not the console. Opening is easy, but to close you need to hold the darn button until its closed all the way, then pull the stupid sunshade closed.
Other than that, thick A pillars, especially ones that slope way forward, are terrible. In the 9-3 I have a huge blindspot on both sides caused by that pillar. Mostly a problem at intersections.
And buttons. I really prefer to grab a knob and spin than repeatedly punch a button.
91 900 4 door
06 9-3 wagon (aka "sportcombi")
posted by 75.25.97...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Automotive design flaws / pet peeves, CWilson, Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:40:14
- No 1 flaw is fuel choice......., Landjet , Sat, 17 Mar 2007 19:33:26
- glass sunroofs with sunshade, Josh91900, Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:38:21
- Chrome. Anywhere or for any purpose..., Noel , Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:24:04
- Overly bright reading lights and..., Mike NY, Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:41:53
- Re: Automotive design flaws / pet peeves, anthonySF, Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:14:42
- Low-angle windshields and thick A-pillars, Bill Homer, Thu, 15 Mar 2007 07:32:33
- Highly integrated sound systems that can't be upgraded, Caarl , Thu, 15 Mar 2007 07:18:38
- How about a cup holder perched right above the, JBack , Thu, 15 Mar 2007 07:17:40
- Fake chrome head/tail light clusters, patm, Thu, 15 Mar 2007 06:12:04
- SUVs, JMJ in NC, Thu, 15 Mar 2007 05:31:46
- How 'bout them thumb buttons for the tranny? :-( n/m, mikef, Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:03:36
- C900 lovers, bamaChris...;-)...nm, Mike Lynch , Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:50:51
- Used to hate not having a glove compartment in my 9000, turrbo , Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:24:58
- Can't see traffic signals because I am 6'..., Chaz, Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:53:30
- more..., KTurner, Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:35:13
- Non-intuitive controls for wipers, cruise, etc., Caarl , Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:28:51
- and a couple more..., CWilson, Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:58:40
- Re: Automotive design flaws / pet peeves, Eric, Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:43:23
- Re: Automotive design flaws / pet peeves, jp, Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:19:16
- Multiple Overhead Controls....., MI-Roger , Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:48:10
- People are never taller than 6'1", JasonS , Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:50:29
- non-intuitive controls and fog lights, Ken , Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:45:49
- Seats!, LesH , Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:56:02
- Red Blinkers, Jesse and his Champ, Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:10:34
- Ditto, ursaw, Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:14:18
- Re: Red Blinkers, Lawrence , Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:18:34
- I agree completely! (n/m), KeithB, Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:41:05
- Re: Red Blinkers, Erik919kt , Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:50:02
- yes....my pet peeve, bamaCHRIS, Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:55:23
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!