NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
or so you'd sometimes like to think. It's tempting to think other peple out there have flawless cars while we're getting screwed. After many years of buying Saabs, mostly cars with 100K that I paid cash for, I bought a Subaru (I moved to the rockies and had to have 4x4). It's 5 years old with 60K so for the first time in years I have a car payment. I've always had a lot of respect for Subarus and I like the car. But the funny thing is that in the nearly year I've owned it, I've spend about the same for maintenance as I used to spend on Saabs I PAID CASH FOR. And the local dealer wanted $900 to do the 60K service, so they're sure no bargain. I also get on a Subaru website and it sounds almost exactly like Saabnet in terms of the problems people have with their cars (they're just different problems). My boss has a top of the line Toyota 4 Runner (same year/miles as my Subaru) and I just can't beleive how much wear there is on the interior (much worse looking than my latest Saab with 150K), how plasticy it is and how cheaply it's put togather. There were times when I would have a frustrating issue with my Saabs that I'd think "I'm going to go out and buy and new Honda, Toyota, etc." But the truth is there are no perfect cars out there--dealer service departments don't keep the lights on just doing tuneups and oil changes. The truth is you might be better off with the devil you know.
posted by 208.72.4...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- JD Powers ranks SAAB #3 in dependability among European, BostonSAABER, Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:57:43
- It's all GM's fault...n/m, Wayne D, Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:10:04
- Re: JD Powers ranks SAAB #3 in dependability among Euro, Wingnut, Sun, 21 Mar 2010 14:24:19
- Re: JD Powers ranks SAAB #3 in dependability among European, steve, Fri, 19 Mar 2010 18:58:33
- SAAB a simpler car?, BostonSAABER, Sat, 20 Mar 2010 15:36:50
- Low volume does not play into..., NHWayne, Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:36:18
- And your comment on dealers is true for every make n/m, Alex, Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:30:21
- The grass is always greener...., Alex, Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:29:36
- Re: JD Powers ranks SAAB #3 in dependability among European, Viggenator , Sat, 20 Mar 2010 01:16:12
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.