Hackers have found a way to hack into cars through the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring). I do not want a car with a computer virus. I am willing to drive a car with computer codes in the car but I get nervous when they update software. I am afraid they will introduce computer viruses into the car.
For now, it's ok but I think it is going to get worse. My Saab gives weirdo error messages on rare occasions.
posted by 67.51.6...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Making cars more connected, Noel , Tue, 29 Nov 2011 05:59:34
- Audio-in, USB,, 120V outlet, and flat dash with panel, Tim, Wed, 30 Nov 2011 05:48:40
- Re: Making cars more connected, ursaw, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 21:57:08
- Generally I am opposed to "connected" cars; however, MI-Roger , Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:16:46
- stay away from these cars, bic, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 09:17:41
- Not connected enough for my taste - so don't bother..., dmz789qqq, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 09:37:32
- Remember Car Phones? yeah. exactly. nm, Simon S, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:57:39
- Great point and the best reason for avoiding this crap, No Snaab , Tue, 29 Nov 2011 13:50:55
- Remember wooden wheels? Remember steering levers?, Justin VanAbrahams, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:07:14
- Just barely, No Snaab , Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:50:12
- Re: Just barely, Justin VanAbrahams, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 16:27:49
- Built in nav, BAH!, nwas, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 19:50:42
- Cost and Benefit Analysis, Reality, Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:32:26
- Re: Built in nav, BAH!, Justin VanAbrahams, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 20:21:46
- All of you guys..., Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:59:32
- Re: Built in nav, BAH!, Son of Saab, Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:40:18
- Re: Built in nav, BAH!, nwas, Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:57:16
- I'm a Luddite..., James, Wed, 30 Nov 2011 07:43:41
- Re: Built in nav, BAH!, TML, Wed, 30 Nov 2011 07:13:07
- Bull cookies!, Noel , Wed, 30 Nov 2011 07:08:02
- Re: Built in nav, BAH!, kkelley, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:02:50
- Re: Making cars more connected, Eric Law, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:10:56
- And here's where I contradict myself..., Eric Law, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:51:50
- Gee, what a bunch of Luddites! Just kidding!, Noel , Tue, 29 Nov 2011 11:57:35
- I do not want my car hacked, sam, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:09:47
- Don't see a need for it, JerseySaab , Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:14:39
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!