causes the wear. If you contact the side of the seat back and slide down and in - much more wear than moving in low and putting your butt on the bottom cushion.
I tried to watch how people get into cars for awhile and noticed that some lean on the seat while standing and slide down and in.
I started paying attention after driving a high mile c900 that was in beautiful condition - but the drivers seat felt funny. Paying attention revealed that the outside lower bolster of the seatback was sort of collapsed and if you sat with lower back tight in the seat - and have a kinda narrow butt - as I do - you tended to slide to the outside of the seat because there was less side support on one side than the other.
>> and as noted heavier bigger people put a lot more wear into a seat over time.
I have an '86 c900 2-door sedan that I bought with 192K, one owner, +/- 125# woman, and the drivers seat feels like new to sit in because the shape of the lower cushion is still like new.
posted by 72.160.94...
Posts in this Thread:
- Anybody regularly wear denim jeans in their car?, AeroEd , Fri, 9 Mar 2012 09:11:18
- Re: Anybody regularly wear denim jeans in their car?, Keith, Sun, 11 Mar 2012 09:28:50
- I think it's how you put your butt into the seat that >, BobD, Sat, 10 Mar 2012 11:07:02 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Autoshow display cars......, soccersaab, Sat, 10 Mar 2012 06:55:57
- 11years, 100+k miles, Tim, Fri, 9 Mar 2012 18:31:35
- Re: Anybody regularly wear denim jeans in their car?, jeff in MD , Fri, 9 Mar 2012 14:00:03
- Re: No problems, 10 years/111K, AeroLady, Fri, 9 Mar 2012 11:48:42
- Re: Anybody regularly wear denim jeans in their car?, Paul H, Fri, 9 Mar 2012 11:42:41
- Daily use with jeans, 6 years/120k, '02 Aero SW, JMJinNC, Fri, 9 Mar 2012 10:52:29
- Re: Anybody regularly wear denim jeans in their car?, EGD , Fri, 9 Mar 2012 10:47:03
- Re: Anybody regularly wear denim jeans in their car?, MI-Roger , Fri, 9 Mar 2012 09:54:54
- Wrangler's haven't effected mine the last 10K., Norm95, Fri, 9 Mar 2012 09:50:18
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact |
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!