The tipping load can be calculated. Worst case would be someone hanging on the outer edge of a wide open door. With any vehicle on a lift, it is a good rule not get into it while it is in the air. Another rule is donâ€™t do heavy pulling on a raised vehicle, unless you are bracing against the vehicle. A fellow I worked with would turn pale when they talked about his pulling a car off of jack stands, when he braced himself with a heal in a floor drain. He and others held it long enough for him to get out from under it.
posted by 71.33....
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Giving my Saabs a lift, Scott Daggert, Thu, 5 Apr 2012 15:39:59
- Re: Giving my Saabs a lift, TML, Mon, 9 Apr 2012 08:16:26
- thanks for answering the questions, now one more..., baggsly , Sun, 8 Apr 2012 09:25:38
- Re: thanks for answering the questions, now one more..., Scott Daggert, Sun, 8 Apr 2012 21:21:41
- Lift stability, BobS, Sun, 8 Apr 2012 20:00:44
- Lift stability, BobS, Sun, 8 Apr 2012 20:00:18
- A few more questions answered, Scott Daggert, Fri, 6 Apr 2012 11:22:44
- My wife's been bugging me to get one of those....., MI-Roger , Fri, 6 Apr 2012 10:28:15
- That looks awesome....given that we (most) do a lot of, bender , Thu, 5 Apr 2012 19:32:06
- more info please..., SRS900S, Thu, 5 Apr 2012 15:51:50
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!