It's a no-brainer.
With VMWare as good as it is, you can easily run any flavor of Windows on your Mac.
Not only is Mac hardware well worth the money, the resale on Macs is insane, so you get your money back when you are ready to upgrade.
Unless you have some specific application that is not available for OS X, you will quickly realize that there is no need to run Windows at all.
On top of everything else, if you are a computer geek, don't forget that unix shell is always available on a Mac. It's a huge plus for me.
I trully regret buying my last Windows PC. It has already been repaired twice and it still does not work right. I should have bought a Mac Mini instead.
posted by 38.126.150...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- MAC vs PC -- Buying new home computer, STICKMAN, Thu, 5 Jul 2012 06:15:45
- Decision made, STICKMAN, Fri, 6 Jul 2012 06:19:22
- You get what you pay for - most times, MI-Roger , Fri, 6 Jul 2012 04:07:20
- Re: MAC vs PC -- Buying new home computer, Bruce, Thu, 5 Jul 2012 23:10:37
- A bunch of my friends/colleagues have switched, Noel , Thu, 5 Jul 2012 19:52:42
- PC 'Ultrabook' and another thumbs up for the mini, shauno, Thu, 5 Jul 2012 15:36:10
- PC running Linux, JerseySaab , Thu, 5 Jul 2012 11:55:06
- Definitely a Mac, vvk, Thu, 5 Jul 2012 09:49:32
- niether, Siegfried, Thu, 5 Jul 2012 07:52:20
- the age-old debate..., Snowmobile , Thu, 5 Jul 2012 06:49:24
- Asus ?, STICKMAN, Thu, 5 Jul 2012 07:14:56
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!