Re: Don't even get me started............ about Saab - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
As I recall, GM was all set to sell Saab to the investment group headed by Koenigsegg but they (Koenigsegg) pulled out as investor partners couldn't agree on how to move the Saab brand forward, what would work, wouldn't work, etc. Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Co. or BAIC was to be one of the major investors in the new Koenigsegg/Saab company. I didn't think GM thwarted the sale.
As far as Geely, I thought their sole focus was getting the deal done on Volvo (which was accomplished) and they never really had any serious interest in Saab.
posted by 73.159.174...
Posts in this Thread:
- GM in talks to sell European brands to PSA, A1-turbo, Tue, 14 Feb 2017 09:54:31
- Where will GM get their Buicks if they sell Opel?, Gene N , Tue, 14 Feb 2017 10:05:57
- Re: Where will GM get their Buicks if they sell Opel?, A1-turbo, Tue, 14 Feb 2017 10:38:38
- Re: Where will GM get their Buicks if they sell Opel?, cheaptech , Thu, 16 Feb 2017 08:32:11
- China, MI-Roger , Tue, 14 Feb 2017 14:16:04
- Re: China, A1-turbo, Tue, 14 Feb 2017 18:45:10
- "Baseball, Hot dogs, Apple Pie and Chevrolet", Gene N , Wed, 15 Feb 2017 07:12:47
- Re: "Baseball, Hot dogs, Apple Pie and Chevrolet", cheaptech , Fri, 17 Feb 2017 07:43:32
- The Great Chinese Road belongs to Buick, A1-turbo, Wed, 15 Feb 2017 11:17:32
- Don't even get me started............, MI-Roger , Wed, 15 Feb 2017 08:08:07
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!