Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ? - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Transmission progress has been amazing with computer management. The F10 BMW 535d 3 liter diesels have wide torque bands, so chasing the peaks is not an issue. What I really love is doing 85mph [true, not indicate] at ~ 1700 RPM, very quiet and smooth. 8 speed transmission to manage 413 ft.lb torque and [available]all wheel drive to connect the torque to the road.
Computer management of transmission can be done wrong. I have seen KIAs that have fast throttle response when starting off in 1st gear. It seems to be set up to create a sensation of responsive power. It is very difficult to modulate and I think that it would be a horror show on icy/snowy/slushy roads.
posted by 108.207.118...
Posts in this Thread:
- Are 6 speeds necessary ?, Cannonball, Wed, 22 Feb 2017 19:31:49
- Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ? I hope so., andym, Wed, 8 Mar 2017 16:51:06
- Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ?, IndySaaber, Mon, 27 Feb 2017 10:09:56
- How many gears does one need?, Noel , Sun, 26 Feb 2017 07:23:31
- Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ?, cheaptech , Thu, 23 Feb 2017 11:49:04
- Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ?, AdamD, Thu, 23 Feb 2017 11:47:20
- Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ?, JMJinNC, Thu, 23 Feb 2017 07:00:39
- Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ?, Snowmobile , Thu, 23 Feb 2017 06:53:33
- Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ?, GFW3pedals , Thu, 23 Feb 2017 06:33:47
- Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ?, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 22 Feb 2017 20:51:25
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!