NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
So I grew up in Greenfield MA, which was one of Ford's first choices for the factories, hence Greenfield village....(thank god he didn't decide to establish it here in MA, sorry, I like clean rivers that are still the cleanest in New England).
Obviously you have knowledge of the western CT Eric Sloane museum and it's resources for old Americana efforts, and they'll put you in contact with folks who know how those old mills were run.
Just give a call or visit (totally worth the time).
I'd also contact LaMore Lumber in Deerfield MA to see what/who they know. They use modern and old-school methods and have been doing so for 100+ years.
Good luck, great way to spend 'free' time.
Posts in this Thread:
- OT: Where to learn how to operate an Antique Sawmill?, MI-Roger , Fri, 2 Feb 2018 17:08:121
- Re: OT: Where to learn how to operate an Antique Sawmill?, none-yet, Thu, 8 Feb 2018 07:37:41
- Re: OT: Where to learn how to operate an Antique Sawmill?, DickT , Wed, 7 Feb 2018 16:51:33
- No idea, way cool., Cary, Mon, 5 Feb 2018 16:05:13
- Re: OT: Where to learn how to operate an Antique Sawmill?, Dennis_MA , Sat, 3 Feb 2018 07:55:06
- Re: OT: Where to learn how to operate an Antique Sawmill?, Norval99 , Fri, 2 Feb 2018 21:51:45
- Re: OT: Where to learn how to operate an Antique Sawmill?, Norval99 , Fri, 2 Feb 2018 21:28:05
- Re: OT: Where to learn how to operate an Antique Sawmill?, EGD , Fri, 2 Feb 2018 20:09:20
- Re: OT: Where to learn how to operate an Antique Sawmill?, bobc , Fri, 2 Feb 2018 18:20:31
- Thanks!, MI-Roger , Sat, 3 Feb 2018 04:52:45
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.