Re: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Most Recently Edited Saabnet.com Photo Galleries]
Re: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear...
Posted by Craig [Email] (more from Craig) on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 11:23:58
In Reply to: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., Cary, Mon, 23 Apr 2018 16:40:38
I think both are legit. I'll tap my brake lights a few times if it looks like traffic is slowing up a bit abruptly, or use my hazards if I'm really jamming on the break unexpectedly at high speeds. I picked that up from big rigs, but only find myself in that situation maybe a couple times year when traffic goes from interstate speeds to basically a stop in an unexpected place where people behind me are likely to be zoned out. I'm not sure if it's something most people 'get' but I'm not sure that matters as long as it gets their attention. Interestingly in Europe cars activate their flashers automatically now when you hit the brakes hard. The US is really slow about adopting lighting regulation but we'll presumably see it eventually.
I'll flash my high beams for cops or road hazards ahead too. I feel like I used to see that all the time as a kids and only rarely now.
posted by 66.91.28...
Posts in this Thread:
- Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., Cary, Mon, 23 Apr 2018 16:40:38
- Re: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., Craig, Tue, 24 Apr 2018 11:23:58 <-- Viewing This Message
- I flash lights to warn off radar traps/police ahead..., Scott Paterson , Tue, 24 Apr 2018 10:55:47
- Re: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., GFW3pedals , Tue, 24 Apr 2018 06:31:14
- Re: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., bobc , Tue, 24 Apr 2018 07:21:39
- No, hazards only when stopped for me, GFW3pedals , Tue, 24 Apr 2018 09:05:48
- Flashers under 40, Cary, Wed, 25 Apr 2018 14:47:20
- Hazards while driving..., Scott Paterson , Wed, 25 Apr 2018 09:15:59
- maximize my visibility to others, bobc , Wed, 25 Apr 2018 08:41:50
- Re: No, hazards only when stopped for me, Snowmobile , Tue, 24 Apr 2018 11:29:52
- Re: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., Saab88, Mon, 23 Apr 2018 19:56:03
- Re: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., EGD , Mon, 23 Apr 2018 19:52:19
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!