NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Why not put snows on the volt in winter?
I guess they thin the sidewalls to make the rotational inertia less? That must make the handling less precise as a downside though...
I often wonder what fuel economy difference there really is. I know there is some, especially vs the really sticky summer tires like PSS... but it would be hard for me to give up road performance for fuel economy. Especially if it makes the car more touchy in a rainstorm. You're not saving money (or the environment) if you end up in a ditch... Heck the pirellis that came on the 9-5 as oem were pretty mediocre for water performance imho, and they weren't specifically targeting LRR to the extent that some modern tires do. I really like directionals for that reason, but they don't seem to be as popular these days in the market...
Posts in this Thread:
- Good, quiet summer tires?, Sarunas , Mon, 30 Apr 2018 06:13:49
- Re: Good, quiet summer tires?, Sarunas , Wed, 2 May 2018 18:01:13
- Re: Good, quiet summer tires?, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Tue, 1 May 2018 19:19:50
- General, bobc , Tue, 1 May 2018 12:36:44
- Bridgestone Serenity as an all 'round tire, Noel , Mon, 30 Apr 2018 14:24:53
- Re: Good, quiet summer tires?, Sarunas , Mon, 30 Apr 2018 08:18:15
- Michelin Primacy MXM4, vvk, Mon, 30 Apr 2018 07:56:47
- Re: Good, quiet summer tires?, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 30 Apr 2018 06:54:39
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.