Re: precharged Air-Cooled Condensing Unit - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
They should be factory charged with enough refrigerant for ~25ft lines. Braze the lines, evac and pressure drop test, then open the valves to the compressor and charge should be good. Can tweak for different length lines etc.
When brazing the lines should be flushed with nitrogen to prevent oxide scaling/flaking. Also nitrogen evac and purge cycle.
Fan speed setting on furnace control board need to be set to match BTU/tonnage of the condenser.
posted by 108.207.118...
Posts in this Thread:
- OT - thoughts on this quote for central AC replacement, SS, Sun, 6 May 2018 09:00:01
- Re: OT - thoughts on this quote for central AC replacement, Dean, Wed, 23 May 2018 10:22:50
- Re: OT - thoughts on this quote for central AC replacement, Paul B., Sun, 6 May 2018 16:52:32
- I installed my own components 20 years ago, MI-Roger , Sun, 6 May 2018 16:09:34
- Re: OT - thoughts on this quote for central AC replacement, steve, Sun, 6 May 2018 12:55:07
- Lennox thru Costco, EGD , Sun, 6 May 2018 12:32:50
- Re: OT - thoughts on this quote for central AC replacement, seth1065 , Sun, 6 May 2018 10:03:41
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!