Orio parts.... OEM & aftermarket - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
So I recently ordered a number of parts for my 9-3s from a certain former Saab dealer in the Boston area that now runs a Saab parts business, they arranged for Orio to drop ship many of the parts directly to me.
If you have ever received a shipment from Orio, you know they use custom boxes that are pink. My wife thought I ordered her something special. She was disappointed to hear that the box was filled with Saab parts.
Everything they sent was marked as Saab OEM or in a Saab packaging, and the shipping paperwork called each item out as OEM, except one item was called out as "PPS aftermarket", (pro parts Sweden I presume) and the packaging was a generic plastic bag. It seems Orio is now dealing in aftermarket parts as well as OEM.
Has anyone else experienced this or aware that Orio is distributing aftermarket parts as well as OEM? I wonder how they work their new warrantee program with aftermarket parts? This particular item was a spring spacer for a 9-3 strut assembly, I know that the OEMs are still available as Eeuro stocks them (and I actually ended up buying the OEM version from Eeuro) and plan to return the PPS items as they did not impress me for the price.
I plan to talk with my Boston area parts supplier about all of this on Monday.
Posts in this Thread:
- Orio parts.... OEM & aftermarket, Sondeen , Sat, 9 Jun 2018 19:19:30 <-- Viewing This Message1
- "OEM parts suppliers", ELaw , Tue, 12 Jun 2018 05:56:011
- Re: Orio parts.... OEM & aftermarket, turrbo , Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:57:05
- PPS is OEM now for some parts..., Jeremy R., Sun, 10 Jun 2018 20:13:09
- URO., Norval99 , Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:14:25
- Interesting..., Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:43:21
- Improvements, Norval99 , Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:53:30
- Improvements, Norval99 , Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:51:38
- Re: Interesting..., neil dale , Wed, 13 Jun 2018 16:36:57
- Re: Interesting..., RS , Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:08:21
- Re: Orio parts.... OEM & aftermarket, Justin VanAbrahams, Sat, 9 Jun 2018 19:27:50
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!