Re: OEM & aftermarket eEuroparts - a solution - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Over 200 companies made parts for Saab it was a "bitsa' " Assembled car made of assembled parts made else where
! IDK if pro parts was an OEM supplier but they could be now! EG I have been seeking a maker to make EXACT copies of Viggen badges ( there are SOME horrible fakes being made, sold now that do NOT replicate the colors, size, shape or dimensions of the originals ! ) ORIO will NOT give them a part # or sell them thru the distribution system . now, if I, or anyone, can provide a quantity of OEM quality duplicates ? they would ! the problem is the original maker decided not to make them anymore so here we are ! ......................If you are not happy w/ the quality of the part available? I would find a machinist to make up a batch of parts. it appears to be a cast part but could be made on a CNC apparatus ? have you asked nick T -genuine Saab? he has CNC and loves Saab! I reckon' he could whip some up pretty easily? what would be his minimum order quantity? and if they were OEM quality Orio might sell them! there is a heap of parts NLA now and it will get even worse so we're going to have to get increasingly creative, think outside the box ( or OEM parts bag ! )
->Posting last edited on Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:24:31.
Posts in this Thread:
- Orio parts.... OEM & aftermarket, Sondeen , Sat, 9 Jun 2018 19:19:301
- "OEM parts suppliers", ELaw , Tue, 12 Jun 2018 05:56:011
- Re: Orio parts.... OEM & aftermarket, turrbo , Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:57:05
- PPS is OEM now for some parts..., Jeremy R., Sun, 10 Jun 2018 20:13:09
- URO., Norval99 , Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:14:25
- Interesting..., Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:43:21
- Improvements, Norval99 , Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:53:30
- Improvements, Norval99 , Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:51:38
- Re: Interesting..., neil dale , Wed, 13 Jun 2018 16:36:57
- Re: Interesting..., RS , Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:08:21
- Re: Orio parts.... OEM & aftermarket, Justin VanAbrahams, Sat, 9 Jun 2018 19:27:50
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!