NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I'll throw out plasti-dip as an option. It's not for everyone but I'm pretty amazed by this stuff.
- tough: it's not bulletproof but quite tough
- easy to repair. if you get a scratch you can literally repair it in place. (with xylene, it will re-flow like magic)
- easy to apply. Rattle can or HVLP sprayer will yield really good results. Excellent flow characteristics, it self levels and it's easy to get a perfect finish 9if I can anyone can!)
- good looking: you can get metallic and or gloss additives.
- impervious to UV. No fading.
I painted my winter wheels black and I painted the outer rim of my BBS RKII's with metallic silver. Im really happy with the results. In fact after a tireshop manhandled the RKII's and scratched them it took me a few minutes to repair using a little xylene. no need to re-spray.
'08 9⁵ 2.3T SportCombi, White
'01 9⁵ Aero Midnight Blue
'99 9⁵ Cosmic blue
'11 9⁵ Aero NG (Daughter)
'00 9⁵ Aero Silver (Son)
Posts in this Thread:
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.