Re: something you will never be able to do with that Alpha. - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Thank you for correcting my spelling of Alfa Romero. Did you know Alfa stands for (Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili) which translates to Lombard Automobile Factory.
The Quadrifoglio model that Neil's brother bought has a base price of $73,900.00. By the time you add a few options you're at $80,000.00 before you know it. Changing the oil and passenger compartment filter is about all the DIY work you can do to that car. Any problem the "Tech 2" gives you the code on probably won't be a DIY job. The link shows how to save a bunch of money changing your own oil after you buy the "extractor" for $80.00. it looks like an easy DIY job. I saw a video on the dealer changing the oil and they drained it from the bottom oil plug. In order to get to that oil plug they had to remove that "protective skid pan" that extends the length of the car. I think their charge for changing your oil is approx. $500.00, which is mostly labor. Bottom line, if I paid $80,000.00 I probably would not be changing my own oil every 5000.00 miles. The warranty also calls for changing all the belts every 15,000 miles for a mere $4000.00.
I read where Alfa promised to offer a manual 6 speed transmission and a fold down arm rest in back seat for 2019. Neither one happened for some reason. I think I will wait for the convertible.
Posts in this Thread:
- a great saab replacement ! a quirky supercar ! Alfa Romeo, neil dale , Fri, 1 Feb 2019 13:23:041
- Alfa sales are up 133%!, No Snaab, Thu, 7 Feb 2019 04:10:11
- Re: a great saab replacement ! a quirky supercar ! Alfa Romeo, Randy Thatcher , Mon, 4 Feb 2019 05:11:12
- If you want interesting cars, SOMEBODY has to buy them, No Snaab, Sun, 3 Feb 2019 05:53:05
- Re: a great saab replacement ! a quirky supercar ! Alfa Romeo, stopsaabn , Sun, 3 Feb 2019 04:02:18
- All well and good, but..., JerseySaab , Fri, 1 Feb 2019 18:21:57
- Oddly low pricing on used Giulias in the Detroit area, MI-Roger , Fri, 1 Feb 2019 15:31:23
- Nice, but also 3X+ cost of my brand new Saab..., Scott Paterson , Fri, 1 Feb 2019 15:00:31
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!