Test Drive Suggestions - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Most Recently Edited Saabnet.com Photo Galleries]
Test Drive Suggestions
Posted by steve (more from steve) on Tue, 12 Feb 2019 17:52:53
I've hunted for a 9-5 replacement for an 01 9-5 wagon with ~216K that needs ~2K in repairs. It's been a failure so far and I'm not sure how long I can wait given that the other 9-5 is also needing some TLC. I don't have the time or space for much DIY right now and the nearest Saab shop isn't convenient.
What should I test drive that could be a good used, new, or cheap to lease (no such thing mostly) option? Everything seems expensive compared to suppressed Saab prices. I've already driven most of the new Volvo options and the outgoing V60. I'm not sure the older Volvos aren't just Saab level maintenance at a higher entry price. The Asian options are so far underwhelming and expensive with options. TourX was mixed as the one I drove had some issue, it can't tow, and it's not too appealing until it depreciates further. 328d wagon was a bit cramped. Ideally this is good for 1,000 mile trips and a gradual move with decent fuel efficiency. I'm also open to fun third car options as I could daily drive that (but probably too tall for a Miata). Fun could be a sports car or something value oriented like a Genesis.
To keep this simple and generally useful, include what vehicle I should hunt down for a test drive and why. Perhaps give a rough price point if it's used and any key options to look for or avoid (e.g., skip the 2.0T engine because...).
posted by 108.6.3...
Posts in this Thread:
- Test Drive Suggestions, steve, Tue, 12 Feb 2019 17:52:53 <-- Viewing This Message
- Just for me: Mitsubishi Lancer, Scott Paterson , Tue, 19 Feb 2019 08:03:47
- Re: Test Drive Suggestions, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Fri, 15 Feb 2019 17:55:25
- TourX owners are seeing 40 mpg @ 60 mph w/AWD., Norm9-5, Fri, 15 Feb 2019 10:21:04
- Re: Test Drive Suggestions an Alfa Romeo of course !, neil dale , Thu, 14 Feb 2019 22:25:021
- BRZ for fun ...., GFW3pedals , Thu, 14 Feb 2019 06:52:281
- Kia Stinger, Mazda6?, Sarunas , Thu, 14 Feb 2019 05:40:32
- Re: Test Drive Suggestions, No Snaab, Thu, 14 Feb 2019 04:24:44
- Re: Test Drive Suggestions, BrianC, Wed, 13 Feb 2019 17:45:01
- FWIW, DE, Wed, 13 Feb 2019 15:09:34
- VW Alltrack, Finch, Wed, 13 Feb 2019 11:25:37
- Re: Test Drive Suggestions, bobc , Wed, 13 Feb 2019 07:43:10
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!