Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Fight it. The insurance co wants to get the claim off the books asap, use that to your advantage. If you can wait it is your best bargaining chip.
I was in a similar situation, I was at a stoplight in my '00 9-5 Aero and was sideswiped by a driver that "fell asleep". insurance company took full blame ...
damage was to the passenger side fender, door and suspension. Insurance totaled the car and offered me $1200. It's an '00 aero with 200K mi. So on paper not much value.
I combed the saabnet classified and collected "comps" to prove the actual value of the car. I had built a pretty good case. Originally they balked and denied it but I held firm. After about 3 months they relented and cut me check for $5000. I bought the car back from them for $300 and fixed it with a few junk yard parts. 4 years laters it's still going strong
'08 9⁵ 2.3T SportCombi, White
'01 9⁵ Aero Midnight Blue
'99 9⁵ Cosmic blue
'11 9⁵ Aero NG (Daughter)
'00 9⁵ Aero Silver (Son)
Posts in this Thread:
- Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, bender , Tue, 23 Apr 2019 07:56:32
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, Snowmobile , Thu, 25 Apr 2019 12:50:58
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, JTRI , Wed, 24 Apr 2019 19:51:13
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, Scott Paterson , Wed, 24 Apr 2019 11:02:073
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, westernny, Wed, 24 Apr 2019 08:22:311
- Re: Settlement fr insurance - accept or fight? will this work ?, neil dale , Tue, 23 Apr 2019 22:22:04
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, EGD , Tue, 23 Apr 2019 20:15:06
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Tue, 23 Apr 2019 18:52:58
- Re:settlement is this a Canadian thing ? i think USA too !, neil dale , Tue, 23 Apr 2019 12:47:25
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, PGAero , Tue, 23 Apr 2019 12:25:27
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, bobc , Tue, 23 Apr 2019 10:50:06 <-- Viewing This Message2
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, TML , Tue, 23 Apr 2019 09:45:35
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!