Judging from the original invoice, my '86 9000 turbo was equipped at the dealer at the time of purchase with a gold emblem package and gold Eneki three spoke 15" rims (over $800 for the set of 4 in 1986; holy smokes!). The car was originally imolia red, but had since been painted metalic white; including the bumpers, rear spoiler, and the rub strip which runs the girth of the car.
There are few Saabs in Nashville, TN; fewer still are 9000's. It's safe to say that mine is the only of it's kind in town.
However, to agree in part with other sentiments in this thread, since I took ownership, I have made no exterior modifications. I have replaced the stereo with one from a '91 900, and re-worked the air intake (need to get that K&N filter). All the other work I have done are repairs to return the car to stock condition. Once I get everything worked out though, I plan to act on some tips from Steve (of B.C., Canada) to run the HP of the car up to around 200. I guess like most Saabers, I prefer more go than show.
BTW - I would have gotten rid of the gold 3 spoke rims long ago, if my fiance had not liked them because she thought they were funny. I wanted to replace them with stock rims. Maybe the next time I have to buy a set of tires for it...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- All SAABs look the same on the road, Phil, Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:08:53
- Re: All SAABs look the same on the road, Han, Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:39:47
- How's about a flame-job..? n/m, TWD, Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:18:43
- Not all..., Ben, Thu, 21 Sep 2000 00:44:10
- a few thoughts, JasonS , Wed, 20 Sep 2000 21:12:37
- Stealth, my friend. I averaged 1 ticket/3 months in..., SPGeorge, Wed, 20 Sep 2000 21:04:27
- Got many tix in TalladegaRed; none in Platana Grey. n/m, Rafe , Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:20:27
- I Hear You!!, Bill R, Thu, 21 Sep 2000 07:01:40
- Re: Stealth, my friend. I averaged 1 ticket/3 months in..., jp, Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:28:09
- Re: All SAABs look the same on the road, Jake, Wed, 20 Sep 2000 20:49:36
- Re: All SAABs look the same on the road, GM, Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:26:16
- if you ask my opinion, they look stupid with..., modest mouse, Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:32:01
- So do all Hondas, guess that's why I'm glad..., Richard P., Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:22:39
- Maybe on the surface..., REM in Seattle , Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:00:06
- Re: All SAABs look the same on the road, Nathan Work, Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:53:50
- Re: All SAABs look the same on the road, Scott Paterson , Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:32:37
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!