NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Did you read the road test of the 330Ci in the same issue? I was really impressed when they pointed out that it was .2s faster 0-60 (ie, a wash) than the mighty '88 M5, which was the high water mark of exotic sports sedans in it's day. Wasn't the M5 around $40-50k in '88 dollars? Fuzzy memory here.
Perhaps rather than compare the Viggen to the M3, it should be compared with the 330i.
I'm also confused with BMW's pricing. I saw an '01 325i with a base price of around $25k, yet the 330Ci in C&D was just over $40k with the Premium and Sport packages. That's a huge difference. Oh well, I'm not in the market for a new one anyway.
Posts in this Thread:
- Car and Driver has new M3.., Richard P., Thu, 9 Nov 2000 10:04:49
- Re: Car and Driver has new M3.., MJM , Thu, 9 Nov 2000 10:11:02 <-- Viewing This Message
- My point exactly...., Richard P., Thu, 9 Nov 2000 11:30:35
- Re: My point exactly...., David Hanley, Thu, 9 Nov 2000 16:04:33
- A few thoughts, Seamus, Thu, 9 Nov 2000 14:57:14
- Re: A few thoughts, Rick D., Thu, 9 Nov 2000 19:23:18
- Re: A few thoughts, Erik, Thu, 9 Nov 2000 19:17:59
- An elegant and insightful post indeed. Thanks. n/m, pmr, Thu, 9 Nov 2000 16:51:19
- BMW does make fine cars..., Richard P., Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:37:01
- saab pricing philosophy, joshua harrison, Thu, 9 Nov 2000 14:24:00
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.