all my fault! - Saab Other Cars Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I suppose I was the instigator way down on the thread, lightly poking at Norm's beloved brand... but he kind of asked for it by making negative comments about the Alfa Brian bought... it's a freaking gorgeous car, and it would be cool to see a few more of them on the road. Very cool to have Alfa back! They have had a history of being a little needy for repairs, so anyone getting into one is probably aware of this, and probably willing to deal with some inconvenience in that regard (if it comes up) as part of ownership of an otherwise awesome vehicle.
I get it that the Buicks have some leftover SAAB ng9-5 dna including some bargain performance, and options to tune them as sleeper cars... but quite frankly they don't do anything for me. To be honest the ng9-5 didn't do a lot for me either, but at least the design is fairly clean - the Buicks are downright garish. Buick has this legacy grandpa brand image that is going to be hard to turn around in North America. I expect the new models will have a sales uptick, but that does not mean they will be good... Success of large grandpamobiles in China really has no bearing on my purchasing decisions, and though it may keep the GM mothership financially solvent, US sales are probably more relevant in terms of the discussion here...
Posts in this Thread:
- Alfa Romeo Giulia, BrianC, Fri, 1 Dec 2017 22:27:35
- How's it going?, No Snaab, Thu, 8 Mar 2018 08:14:47
- I love the Alfa Romeo designs, MI-Roger , Sun, 3 Dec 2017 05:45:54
- Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Justin VanAbrahams , Sat, 2 Dec 2017 23:10:36
- Ugh...I hope you leased., Norm9-5, Sat, 2 Dec 2017 12:43:53
- Let's put this in perspective.., cheaptech , Thu, 7 Dec 2017 08:43:21
- Record sales for Buick, A1-turbo, Thu, 7 Dec 2017 10:26:28
- Re: Record sales for Buick, cheaptech , Thu, 7 Dec 2017 20:16:05
- Re: Record sales for Buick, A1-turbo, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 06:04:39
- Re: Record sales for Buick, cheaptech , Sat, 9 Dec 2017 08:13:21
- Regal runs rings around Camry v6/Accord 2.0T., Norm9-5, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 08:07:55
- Re: Regal runs rings around Camry v6/Accord 2.0T., cheaptech , Fri, 8 Dec 2017 15:11:41
- Re: Regal runs rings around Camry v6/Accord 2.0T., A1-turbo, Sat, 9 Dec 2017 05:58:40
- my comment on model years..., Snowmobile , Sat, 9 Dec 2017 05:02:22
- CR-V has 35 repairs per 100, or of the worse right now., Norm9-5, Sat, 9 Dec 2017 10:55:27
- Re: my comment on model years..., A1-turbo, Sat, 9 Dec 2017 10:24:10
- Re: my comment on model years..., cheaptech , Sat, 9 Dec 2017 09:36:57
- Re: Ugh...I hope you leased., BrianC, Sat, 2 Dec 2017 13:32:071
- Supercool, DE, Sat, 2 Dec 2017 03:50:44
- Enoy!, Cary, Sun, 10 Dec 2017 17:56:34
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!