Personally, I am not a fan of the 'new' Corvette - Saab Other Cars Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I know other people are, but to me it the car should have been called a Firebird. In particular the hockey stick shaped rear lights have nothing in common with Corvette heritage, and the revised angle of the crossed flag insignia looks like (to me) wings.
Based on this portion of an automotive article, I am not the only one.
"Chevrolet Corvette: 215-Day Supply
Delivering as much as 650 horsepower, the seventh-generation of Chevrolet’s iconic sports car is the finest Corvette ever created. So why are so many piling up on dealer lots? “I think its overconfidence,” Lindland said. “I think we’re getting into an issue where younger people don’t have the money to buy it, nor the desire to buy it, whereas older people who can relate to it can’t justify the cost. It’s a vacation car.” In other words, value, a key Chevrolet trait, has gone missing."
BTW - did you know it is possible to fit two folding walkers into the Corvette's cargo area? Just go to any Corvette show and watch the owners of the latest models.
->Posting last edited on Fri, 15 Dec 2017 14:00:01.
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan
2006 9-3SC 2.0T
2000 Viggen Convertible
2000 9-5lpt Sedan, sold at 318K miles
Posts in this Thread:
- Personally, I am not a fan of the 'new' Corvette, MI-Roger , Fri, 15 Dec 2017 13:59:05 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Personally, I am not a fan of the 'new' Corvette, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 18 Dec 2017 10:54:09
- Re: Personally, I am not a fan of the 'new' Corvette, Craig, Fri, 15 Dec 2017 17:23:52
- Re: Personally, I am not a fan of the 'new' Corvette, DE, Fri, 15 Dec 2017 16:08:01
- Batmobile, No Snaab, Sat, 16 Dec 2017 05:36:26
- At our ages we are still too young to buy a 'Vette, MI-Roger , Sat, 16 Dec 2017 14:45:21
- Re: At our ages we are still too young to buy a 'Vette, DE, Sun, 17 Dec 2017 12:36:30
- Re: At our ages we are still too young to buy a 'Vette, cheaptech , Mon, 18 Dec 2017 11:59:27
- Not fan of thr C7, but like the C5., Norm9-5, Fri, 22 Dec 2017 17:57:50
- Not a problem, DE, Mon, 18 Dec 2017 13:06:22
- Re: At our ages we are still too young to buy a 'Vette, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 18 Dec 2017 12:33:22
- Re: At our ages we are still too young to buy a 'Vette, A1-turbo, Sun, 17 Dec 2017 06:43:27
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!